Retail’s on a rollercoaster ride heading into 2023. What’s next?
In 2023, retailers can expect the unexpected. Inflation levels, inventory counts and consumer spending all remain question marks. As they go head-to-head with these uncertainties and try to mitigate impacts to their bottom line, retail CFOs may have to get uncomfortable in the short term to succeed in the long term. It’s time to boldly declare your next move.
While scenario planning for the great unknowns in 2023, you, as a retail leader, have some tough questions to address, like:
- How can we cost-optimize, not just cost-cut?
- How can we build resilience into our balance sheets to weather oncoming storms?
- How can I de-risk my supply chain and barricade against potential disruptions?
- Can I afford to raise prices again? How will this impact customers and their wallets?
- How can I leverage customer data analytics to power innovative decision-making?
Get actionable information to drive your plan of attack for 2023. Download the 2023 BDO Retail CFO Outlook Survey, our annual analysis of what 100 retail CFOs are prioritizing for the year ahead and what it means for your organization.
Download the Report
Here’s a sneak peek at what retail CFOs have to say: